Don’t Be Left in the Dark! Join Us for a Totally Enlightening Eclipse Experience:
A total solar eclipse is among nature’s most spectacular astronomical events. Our region is fortunate to offer one of America’s best vantage points for viewing the August 21, 2017 marvel. The Evansville Museum has planned fun and informative activities for August 19, 20 and 21—and you’re invited!
Eclipse Weekend: Saturday August 19 & Sunday August 20, 2017
- Two full days of activities at the Museum
- Learn how to safely view, photograph, and experience the solar eclipse
- Workshops & presentations
- Saturday’s activities are geared toward novice-eclipse watchers, families, and students
- Sunday’s events are tailored for amateur astronomers, as well as enthusiasts visiting from out-of-town to witness Monday’s eclipse
- Special planetarium shows at Koch Immersive Theater and Planetarium
- Exhibition Eclipse 2017! at nearby Evansville Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Admission for each day includes general admittance to the Museum, a ticket to the Koch Immersive Theater and Planetarium, plus access to eclipse activities: $5 for Adult Members, $3 for Youth Members, $17 for Adult Not-Yet-Members, and $11 for Youth
- Registration & information: Click Here
Excursions to Totality: Monday August 21, 2017
The Evansville Museum has partnered with the City of Hopkinsville, Kentucky to offer two packaged tours for those wishing to experience the full two minutes and 40 seconds of the solar eclipse in its totality are sold out!